The following links are to various sites that discuss the alternative of energy currency, consisting of, or convertible, to units of energy. See also Digital Currency.
- Energy-Backed Currencies — Proposal to denominate
international trade not in dollars or other national currency,
but in energy units.
- Energy Standard — Proposal to denominate international trade not in dollars or other national currency, but in energy units.
- Return to gold? — Argues against gold as a viable backing for currency in today's economy.
- Energy Backed Money vs. Gold Standard vs. Fiat Currency — Chapter 7 of Proposal to denominate currency in energy units.
- Banking on Energy, by Chris Cook, Former Director of the International Petroleum Exchange — The Oil Drum, discussion about energy alternatives.
- Is an "Energy-Linked" Currency in the Cards?, by Izabella Kaminska — Advisor Analyst, discussion about energy alternatives.
- Energy-Backed Currency, by Jeff Eisen, Ph.D. — The Evolutionary Advantages.
- Energy Currency — Article
in Appropedia, a wiki devoted to
- Energy Theory of Value Literature Review — Scholarly papers on the proposal.
- Energy Backed Money instead of Gold? — Discussion on the Daily Paul for Ron Paul supporters.
- The Perfect Currency — Proposal to use energy units for currency.
- Local currencies — Wikipedia article, with links to alternatives.
- Energy backed currency — Google search results.